We have a collection of pictures to elicit intransitive & transitive verbs and subject & object relative clauses and we are happy to share them with you. These can be used for documentation or experiments, and have already been used in Hawaiʻi, Guatemala, Malaysia, Papua New Guinea, and Sāmoa. The materials are available in Nozomi Tanaka collection on Kaipuleohone:
- Elicitation: http://hdl.handle.net/10125/42192
- Elicited production (picture description) task: http://hdl.handle.net/10125/42193
- Sentence-picture matching (character selection / picture pointing) task: http://hdl.handle.net/10125/42194
Wordless story book
I provided pictures for a wordless story book about a cat’s adventure, written by Katie Gao. This was created specifically for her research in Yunnan Province, China, but it can be used in other cultural contexts, especially in Asia (for example, there is a water buffalo in the story). Available on Kaipuleohone at http://hdl.handle.net/10125/37486
LaTeX file for UH Manoa Thesis/Dissertation
You can download it here! https://github.com/tanacquisition/UH_eTD
This file is an unofficial LaTeX template for UH Manoa thesis/dissertation. This was made based on University of Hawaii at Manoa’s official eTD style guide and everything in the official style guide is included except for the specification for MFA thesis. It is not very good at this point and will be updated as needed. If you see any errors or think something can be improved, please feel free to let me know or contribute on GitHub.
UH PowerPoint Template
If you need UH swag for your conference presentation, you can download it HERE.
- IRIS (Instruments for Research into Second Language) … A repository of L2 data collection materials
- The Endangered Languages Project … A catalog of endangered languages
- Linger … Free software for self-paced reading
- Language History Survey … An online survey tool and a repertoire of questions you can ask to check your participant’s language background
- Mendeley … Free reference manager with cloud space
- MouseTracker … A new method for recognition/comprehension task
- Open Science Framework … An online platform for collaborative research
- Pixton … Need drawings for your experiment?
- ShareLaTeX … Handy way to use LaTeX